Thursday, September 4, 2008

Zucchini Fudge Cupcakes


I decided to do a cupcake with zucchini because I have an overabundance from the garden. They are the biggest zucchini's and squash I have seen in a long time. My son totally hates when I add things to my recipes that don't "fit" but it must be a pretty good one because he actually had two tonight. I didn't get elaborate with the icing because they smelled so sweet. PS.. I am doing a strict diet right now and am unable to taste test for 2 more weeks....self induced misery is the worst kind. I did however take some over to the neighbors to taste test for me. And they were of course accompanied by the "tell the truth" speech that I have to give out so much. I have found many people like being superficial more than being critical. I dont have tolerance for that really though. Anyways here is the recipe...It was originally a cake one but I adapted to cupcakes. It yielded 24 regular cupcakes and 18 mini cupcakes. Enjoy!
Zucchini Fudge Cupcakes
1 cup butter; softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups AP flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
3 cups shredded zucchini
Preheat oven to 350. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed butter mixture alternating with buttermilk. Beat well after each addition. Stir in zucchini. Spoon into lined tins and bake 17-22 min. Cool 10 min in pan and then to rack to cool completely.
The Taste of Home Baking Book

No comments: