Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tuesday's Late this week
















Devil's Food White Out Cake

Sorry my post is late this week... seems like I have been taken over by the Educational Gods (haha) and realized that a project was due at the beginning of the week and not at the end of the week so my last minute has been upgraded to Hurry the Hell up if you want a good grade project. Wonder if the instructor would find humor in that title??? 

Well it's a good thing I made this cake early for Valentine's Day or I wouldn't have anything to post. The choice this week was from Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater. It's the Devil's food White Out Cake pg 247-249. You can get the entire recipe here. I was so glad Stephanie choose this one because it's the cover of the cookbook and it's chocolate YA! I will say it was rich and good. I did not put enough of the icing on it however. I was afraid, after tasting the batter a lot, that the cake was so rich and to add more richness with icing would be bad. After letting the cake rest in the fridge overnight and having a SMALL slice, both Chris and I realized the icing was not sweet at all. It was a great complement to the rich chocolate of the cake. This was a good recipe. I enjoyed it and it saved pretty well. 

I am going to try to get next week on time but this is a theme I am sticking with for a the week I guess... running late. And to top it off somehow my alarm was ten minutes behind. How does that happen???

3 comments:

Michele said...

Your cake looks lovely-great photos!

TeaLady said...

Great photos. Love the little 'cake' on top.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are wonderful, and the cake looks great!