Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lenox Almond Biscotti



































































My First Biscotti
I must say in the beginning... I was a biscotti hater. And it even more dumb than that is; I have never eaten one. I always thought...yuck...why would anyone want to eat an overbaked biscuit? I was SOOO wrong. These were delicious. I was blown away at how great they were and more importantly how ignorant I have been. They were very easy to make and the smell was great. I made these late one night while on the phone with Chris and I must say this is my favorite thing to do. I love to be on the phone with him and be able to bake and hopefully share some of my joys with him. (Long Distance Relationships Suck by the way!!!)
Although I really liked the naked version I thought I would spice um up a bit and added some white chocolate and Halloween sprinkles. The chocolate was a great addition. I thought they turned out perfect and were very simple. I am going to try the spiced version next being as the Fall Baking is upon us. And perhaps I won't be so judgemental when it comes to overbaked biscuits anymore...

4 comments:

Gretchen Noelle said...

I am glad you have stopped biscotti hating! How wonderful that you did in fact enjoy these! I enjoy your fall decorated biscotti - very cute!

Unknown said...

Your biscotti looks great!! I love the idea of the Halloween sprinkles. Love your blog! Stop by for a visit if you have a chance!!

Anonymous said...

I love all the biscotti converts after trying this recipe. I loved it and I'm glad you did too.

Bungalow Barbara said...

I became a biscotti convert, too! Love your version with the white chocolate and sprinkles.