Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Berry Surprise Cake...Failure






Berry Surprise Cake

The recipe this week was for Berry Surprise Cake (pg 273-275) and I bombed it. The cake was an egg base and you had to whip it for a long time, which I did. I thought...the cake didn't rise at all so I just cut it up and made a huge one slice cake. The family didn't care for the flavor much and said that it wasn't very sweet. I used blueberries because they were on sale. It was a pretty cake but probably won't make it again. Unless I can perfect my egg whipping. ha ha! 


When I took the cake off the first plate it left the heart which was really cool given I had pipped icing hearts on the plate. Pretty neat huh.


3 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I think it looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! too bad it didn't work out for you. Love the heart impression it left.

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful! Nicely done! I do love the hearts on the plate...that's really cool!