Sunday, March 8, 2009

Science Fair










We Almost Made It

Bailey made it to our regional science fair and we had the competition yesterday and while he didn't make a place in regionals I was so proud of him. We have never done a fair that was bigger than the school sponsored fair. He did well. He had fun. Just wanted to brag on him because he never lets me down. I have been having some issues with our current school system and I am debating (pretty much decided) that homeschooling might be the way our family needs to go. I want them to be involved in everything they can and as we sat in this fair I realized that even kids who are home schooled can do these things with the schools because we still pay taxes and they have to be allowed the same opportunities. Who knows, If anyone has advice... send it my way. I can take as many opinions as I can get. I know every mom out there wants their kids to thrive and do the best ... I just want to make sure they are getting the best. All in all... wanted to brag and put some pics of one handsome boy up. He deserves it!

2 comments:

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Congrats to your son for making the regional science fair! His project board is great, very neat and professional looking. I wish I had some homeschool advice but I don't, my kids aren't in school yet (almost ready though) and I'm considering homeschool as well. Good luck! :)

Megan said...

All right! My daughter just had her science fair - she did "what happens when you switch leavenings in a cake recipe?"

It was lots of fun - except the ones you could tell were done by the parents. Grr.... Every school has problems - and I've thought about homeschooling too. Wish I had some advise for you.