Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Elvis Cupcakes



My triad of Joy
(don't you love the way the wrapper ended up in a heart shape, it's a sign that I should eat more)

I love bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate. Who doesn't. I feel so very sad for people who are allergic to peanuts; not because of the peanuts but they can't have peanut butter. What a sad thing to not be allowed to have! My biggest treat is a grilled peanut butter banana sandwich. I have on a REAL occasion added chocolate but I have to be a super good girl for that one. I had some bananas that were too ugly to be eaten independently so this is what I came up with.



Elvis' Cupcake (if I had the chance to feed him, this would be it)

2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
3 small ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract

13 Hershey's Kisses

Peanut Butter Frosting (WARNING: this is super sweet!)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 Tbsp milk

Mix sour cream, bananas, and vanilla until combined. Combine all dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients mixing until just combined.


Spoon 1 Tbsp of batter into lined muffin tins or about 1/2 full.


Add the Kisses upside down into each cupcake




Top the kiss with additional batter until just covered.


Bake at 350 for 20-22 min.


Cool 10 min in pan before removing.

For the frosting mix all ingredients until spreading consistency. Add more milk if you need it to be thinner.


Frost the cupcakes and add chocolate chips if you want to take it up a notch.


The last kiss is for the cook of course!




No comments: